Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Name a Movie That Inspired You......

  1. #1
    c_77
    Guest c_77's Avatar

    Post

    I just saw Rancho Notorious last night. It wasn't too deep but it has inspired me to watch more films starring Marlene Dietrich, or directed by Fritz Lang. Any Suggestions?

    ------------------

  2. #2
    crimsonson
    Guest crimsonson's Avatar

    Post

    I am not sure about A movie but movies:

    Cheungking Express (Karwai)
    Fallen Angeles (Karwai)
    Radio Flyer (Richard Donner/ D Evans writter)
    Woman in the Dunes (Teshigahara / Abe writter)
    Harakiri/Seppuka (Kobayashi / Hashimoto writter)
    Lost of Sexual Innocence
    A Perfect World (C. Eastwood)




    ------------------

  3. #3
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    At the risk of ruining the movie for others who have not seen those movies.....

    Did what you see on the screen affect your personal life or attitude toward an issue?

    ------------------
    Alex

  4. #4
    tim.callaghan
    Guest tim.callaghan's Avatar

    Post

    Just slipped on my fire retardent suit:-

    El Mariachi!

    Not because of how it was done, how well it was done, who done it, or how well it has done.

    Just because,

    'IT WAS DONE'

    and hell yeh, it makes me think when all seems like shit 'just a little bit more, it may work out!?'

    Aside from insperationally film making, a film that personally inpired me was 'Human Traffic' as it was like errrrrr hello, I should have been in that, because it was me?!

    Tim

    ------------------

  5. #5
    ulrichsd
    Guest ulrichsd's Avatar

    Post

    UHF

    Thats right, the one with Wierd Al.

    I first watched this movie when it first came out, I must have been about 10. And I watched it over, and over, and over... easily over 100 times. Literally. And to this day, I haven't seen the movie in at least 8 or so years, but I bet I could still quote this movie, line for line, from memory. So I guess you could say it changed my life, for good or bad.

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    Name a Movie That Inspired You......

    ....but not to make a movie!

    I mean a movie that inspired you in either taking action about what the movie was about, or something in your own life, or adopting a new philosophy.

    For me, the movie "Breaking Away" came close.

    The idea that a community could be built by a group of individuals, than their own children would be left directionless as a result, was fascinating.

    A Famous quote by Winston Churchill was either in the movie, or helped explain the movie...

    "Men Build Institutions, then Institutions Rule Men". (I have no idea how badly I butchered the saying)



    ------------------
    Alex

  7. #7
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    A Movie I never saw influenced me to no longer go to the annual summer blockbuster movie unless I heard something about the movie having a redeeming quality.

    I stopped seeing summer "blockbuster" movies the summer Independence Day came out.

    A friend told me that these huge spacecrafts crash into New York City.

    I guess the movie has a happy ending because Will Smith finds his lady.

    I couldn't comprehend the ridiculousness of fathoming a "happy ending" from a movie that had possibly half a million or more deaths in it.

    That was the year I wondered if I had gotten too old for blockbuster movies, or if they had just gotten really dumb.

    I hear the broadcast television premiere was recently canceled because of the WTC Tragedy.

    They should donate all future profits from Independence Day to New York as far as I'm concerned.



    ------------------
    Alex

  8. #8
    Hanthx
    Guest Hanthx's Avatar

    Exclamation

    STAR WARS

    Absolutely the best movie going experience ever.
    Its something that I will always remember.
    Gosh, I miss movie's like that.

    Scott

    nice topic, thanks.

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by Hanthx (edited September 28, 2001).]

  9. #9
    Mr Blackstock
    Guest Mr Blackstock's Avatar

    Post

    for the pure thrill of cinematography my favorites was Zentropa, a must see.

    ------------------

  10. #10
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    without a doubt the swedish movie "fucking ?m?l" (sometimes called "show me love" for obvious reasons) is the one that inspired me the most. it's available across europe, and i guess it can be found in north america as well since it had a limited theatrical run in new york and los angeles about a year ago. it's a must see. and it's shot on 7250 too, so it looks like super 8.

    /matt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •